I am often asked what is it I do ?
Well Business coach and trainer is a boring non descript answer, so I prefer to tell you what’s its like for you after working with me.
For me Its simple, after working with me you will have more free time to spend with friends and family, but still earn the same or more money.
You will understand your ideal client and stop wasting time chasing the wrong people.
You will be more confident in your self and have a better understanding of how to deal with different personality types and be able to read peoples body language.
You will be a stronger more confident communicator, a better listener and a better person.
You will be able to set clear goals on a consistent basis, write effective to do lists, manage your time effectively and become a productive not busy person.
In all, Life will feel better, you will feel better and your family will appreciate the change.
My approach is personal, fun and flexible. And while I do have many valuable set courses available, I am extremely adaptable, and I always customise my coaching and training around every individual clients’ needs.
I have over 25 years experience of coaching and training through my early days of coaching and mentoring your homeless people at the YMCA, through empowering and coaching community representatives on local boards to business coaching and supporting small businesses across the country.
This started with supporting young homeless people to build the confidence and skills to be able to live independently and find employment or training opportunities. This was done with clear action plans, patient coaching and innovative training packages, all developed by myself. I grew the YMCA Foyer project from the start to a thriving 6 person department with an outreach centre and Training arm.
Getting noticed for my work I was asked to help and support the growth of local resident involvement in the councils strategic partnership plans for my area, so again my coaching and training skills were pushed to their limits in finding new and creative ways to empower people to be part of some really important high level meetings. I also supported many organisations in growth and infrastructure support, hosting regular training sessions for staff teams.
At this time my interest in Emotional Intelligence began to grow, I attended a number of training courses and began to introduce more of my new skills into my training. The results were clear this was my way forward.
Eventually the time came for me to try something new, so I set up my own business, supporting businesses and individuals with business network training, one to one coaching and business fairs. I created a brand new 10 week training programme on networking and it was a huge success. Wanting to develop this work I joined forces with the International Coaching Academy to create and develop new training programmes, with emotional Intelligence and Accelerated Learning at the heart of all we did and currently I am a sole trader delivering on line and face to face coaching and training initiatives to small business owners and their teams enjoying my work and looking for new challenges
Professional business coach and trainer (2010 to present)
The go to business coach for sole traders and small business owners. with online and face to face coaching, online group sessions and a face book support group.
I write and deliver engaging and effective training programs to business people from all backgrounds, but specialize in culture, people skills, sales and customer focused staff. Using Accelerated Learning techniques I ensure my training is fully inclusive and ensures trainees can act immediately on their new skills
I create bespoke training packages for companies based around a number of topics related to emotional intelligence and people skills. These ensure sales increase and the company culture becomes more dynamic ensuring success throughout the company.
I also offer one to one coaching using the GOSPA Model as a structured approach to growth. I create and deliver regular training sessions for Chester Universities Growth Hub Programme and a regular speaker at business fairs, conferences and Networks across the region.
Bear Behind Events
Owner (2011 to present)
- Providing high quality Race night fundraising events raising thousands of pounds every year.
- Run the Fuzz Fest Ferret Racing Team
- I create and host business events, such as conferences, business fairs and away days.
Halton Voluntary Action
Deputy Chief Executive (2006 to 2010)
- Chaired Halton’s Community Empowerment Network, Halton Together and the Vice Chair of the Local Strategic Partnership.
- Mentored and coach voluntary sector reps ensuring they had a positive impact on future development plans.
- Community sector rep, driving change on Local Area Agreements, Employment and learning, Community cohesion and Community strategy delivery processes.
- Deputy Chief Executive, managing a dynamic team to support the needs of the local area.
- Wrote and delivered numerous training sessions for voluntary sector groups around fundraising, management and leadership.
- Responsible for communications and public relations ensuring funders and partners, such as Job Centre Plus and Connexions were aware of what we did, this ensured continued support and funding for the organisation.
Fundraising and Development Manager (2004 to 2006)
- Developed a new business plan and fundraising strategy,, rolled out new plans and delivery of new contracts, with local council.
- Built new working relationships with key funder targets and ran a marketing strategy to put HITS at the heart of local commissioning.
Job Search Advisor, Foyer Manager and Fundraising and Development Manager 1994 to 2004
- Managed a team of 6 professionals delivering action plans and training to young homeless residents.
- Coached and mentored young people , building action plans with goals and targets.
- Successful in attaining ESF, SRB AND National Lottery funding of over £1 million.
- Responsible for financial and performance returns ensuring continued financial support.
- Successfully negotiated funding with Local Council and PCT for new outreach programmes and training.
- Key member of the senior management team and board ensuring new inductions were completed and all planning and procedures were up to date.
- Achieved Foyer Federation accreditation, Supporting People
- Accreditation and Investors in People Charter Mark
- Personal membership of the Institute of fundraisers
Area Of Expertise
Sole Traders, Small Businesses, Mindset, Communication Skills, Sales.
Weekdays Monday to Thursday 10am to 4 pm
Zoom, Telephone Call
Share On Social: