Career and Business Development Coach/Consultant
Career and Business Development Coach/Consultant
Aylesbury, based in the United Kingdom
After 11 years of playing professional rugby for Sale Sharks, Saracens, England A, and the Barbarians, Dan transitioned via a two-year assignment in Construction Project Management, into the highly competitive world of construction sales. He quickly established himself in the City with a proven track record of revenue generation, reaching board level in less than four years. Keen to experience and learn more from different sectors, in 2011 he set up his own consultancy – Zonetwelve, focusing on Business Development and Leadership.
Through Zonetwelve, he has held several senior Business Development and leadership positions in large companies – being both the active sales leader and the same time consultant – delivering leadership, strategy, coaching, facilitating change and talent acquisition.
Dan is passionate about helping to support the fulfilment of potential and the success in others, and this has led to his enthusiasm for coaching and in seeking further development as a coach. Drawing on his own experiences, he has become an elite level sports coach, aiding the development of new potential high performers. Observing the requirements of business, has also led him to study executive coaching at Henley Business School and develop his own coaching philosophy and practice. Dan specialises in ‘High Performance’ and how this can be coached, installed and measured in both sport and business.
Dan is also trustee and a trained mentor, helping second career transition, for a charity he co-founded. The charity offers support and a network for recently retired professional sports people, providing mentoring and training. It has been successful in opening doors and providing business and employment opportunities to transitioning professional sports people. It has 750 members and has raised over 50k for charity.
Dan Harris is a highly sought-after Sales, Leadership and Management Consultant, Trainer and Coach in London and the SE.
He delivers overall sales consultancy and audits to firms in relation to their sales strategy, process, and personnel. This is then followed by strategic and consultative sales performance coaching and training, combined with his leadership and management to provide high impact learning experiences and dynamic performance change for his clients. He is particularly in-demand due to his ‘by example’ approach of testing and delivering his sales strategies in the field and utilising his unique career journey and high-performance background (professional sport – 11 years professional rugby player, Sale, Saracens) to enhance their deliverability and success.
He has held several senior Business Development and leadership positions in large companies before forming his own Business Development Consultancy 9 years ago. Recently he has been indispensable by two quite different firms as their interim Head of Business Development – being both the active sales leader and at the same time consultant - delivering leadership, strategy, coaching, facilitating change and talent acquisition.
The first, a Tech start-up recruitment platform required a full life-cycle sales and marketing strategy and implementation. This incorporated launch, marketing, all channel digital marketing, sales plan, CRM, CX, sales team recruitment, training and finally coaching the sales team leader. The second a fourth-generation family group business required a modernisation and new direction to their sales and business development. This comprised the procurement and project management of the full installation of up to date relevant sales and marketing tools and platforms. Followed by an intense period of coaching, training, board level mind-set change and alternative talent identification. The success of which, initiated a part time contract of a further 4 years to provide ongoing sales leadership and coaching.
Dan has been continuously in demand for nine years across 6 different sectors.
• Associate Director – Leadenhall Consulting, Business Development, Coaching and Leadership Development
• Associate Mentor – RugbyPost (professional Sport Career Transition)
• Neville Group (Family Business) – overhaul of all BD process and activity. Head of Business Development (contract) - 4 years
• Tessellate Careers LTD- (Tech Recruitment Start-up). Set up of all Business Development strategy, process, recruitment etc.
• Saracens Professional Rugby– Tulip Business Club; concept, development, implementation, and sales - £1m, Club Sponsorship Sanlam - £3m
• Wisdomtree Europe – Sales Team Skills Training – Telesales, CRM, Team attributes, sales meetings, presentations and closing
Other clients include –Moser Associates, L&G Investment Management, Dentons; ESRG Group, City Rugby Foundation, London Scholars RL, Auto Vivendi Supercars; HIRO Talent
‘As lead consultant I have increasingly found myself in a coaching role with CEOs and MDs, helping them and their senior directors to improve their focus on their performance, business development and attitude to client care. My unique somewhat rocky career journey seems to resonate with all levels and provides a unique vehicle to deliver learning and coaching.
I am also the founder of The City Rugby Foundation, a charity which supports, via coaching and mentoring, former professional sportspeople in their transition to post sports life and careers.
In addition, as a senior qualified rugby coach, I have worked with players at all levels for the past 15 years. ‘
• Sales and Business Development
• Sales Leadership and Management
• Sales Team Management
• High Performance Sales Coaching and Training
• Board Level Mentoring and Coaching
• Leadership Training
• Change and Resilience Training
• Team Performance Coaching and Training
• Networking and Personal Brand
Academic and Professional Qualifications
• Professional Certificate in Executive Coaching – Henley Business School
• BSc (Honours) Geography – Birmingham University
• MSc Environment and Society – Open University
• Project Management – ISG Academy
• Performance Sales – Miller Heiman
• Client Care and Account Management
• Certificate in Sales Skills Training
• Presentation Skills - MTD
• Fundamentals of Action Learning – Online Workshop
Area Of Expertise
Sales and Performance. Experienced Business Developer, Coach and Consultant
Normally Weekdays 9-5 - but available when required.
Zoom, Telephone Call, FaceTime, Microsoft Teams
Share On Social: