Development and Business Coach
Development and Business Coach
Oxfordshire and London
Business and Developmental Coach and Mentor (specialising in organisational and team coaching) drawing on over 25 years of personal career experience in board and senior management positions.
Previous career across marketing, retail and later IT.
MA Coaching and Mentoring (Oxford Brooks 2020) - dissertation on a grounded theory study of senior executives and what they consider valuable when considering a workplace coaching scheme.
Based in Oxfordshire, working in London, Oxford and Swindon
Coaching Philosophy and Specialism:
- Focused on development and team coaching, maximising opportunities both on an individual and team basis
- Passionate about stimulating learning and connectivity
- Incorporate navigating systemic interdependencies and complex adaptive systems
- Successful track record of challenge and critical evaluation to enable creative solutions and productive accountability.
- Highly skilled in initiating honest dialogue and insight
- Broad experience (over 25 years) in creating and managing effect teams across marketing and project management within retail and IT
- Historical roles involved with development, motivation and mentoring to ensure best performance for individuals and groups.
- Commercially aware
Career Highlights and Achievements:
Commercial (2015- present)
- Lead coach ( and founder) at Oxford Coaching Practice –freelance business and career coach (online and in person, SME’s, teams, leadership)
Voluntary (2015 – present)
- Uffington Primary School – Co-opt School governor
- Swindon 105.5 FM Radio – Board director responsible for Commercials, Sales and Marketing
Advertising and marketing professional
- 15 years working with McDonald’s, PG, Disney and Debenhams
Freelance researcher and pitch writer
- 10 years freelance researcher and consultant – Advertising, PR, and executive search companies
Senior Operations roles (including board role) in IT operations -
- 8 years Software development and Nominet
Coaching, Mentoring and Training across Career:
25 years – coaching and development across numerous roles as team leader and department head
6 years responsible for Graduate Trainee 6 month programme - 8 applicants /year successfully completed course
5 years coaching and mentoring Board directors particularly around leadership roles and responsibilities for managing strategic direction of community radio station
5 years coaching volunteer team to help record trends in engagement via social media uplift to provide evidence of Station listenership
Ongoing- Responsible for team appraisals, personal development plans, career aspirations and salary reviews
5 years peer coaching fellow governors to strike the right balance of support and challenge whilst distinguishing between help and interference.
Kingston University: BSc Estate management
The Coaching Academy Coaching 2-day Foundation course
Oxford Brookes Postgraduate certificate PGC Coaching and Mentoring
Oxford Brookes Postgraduate Diploma Coaching and Mentoring
Oxford Brookes MA Coaching and Mentoring Practice, Business and Development coaching.
Member of the Association for Coaches
Area Of Expertise
Business and development coaching
Zoom, Telephone Call
Share On Social: