Terms & Conditions
Connecting Individuals. Inspiring Positive Change.
Safeguarding Policy & Terms and Conditions
When registering with Adviice LTD you agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions.
Adviice LTD updated: October 2021
Contained here are the Terms and Conditions which you must read and agree to before registering as either a Client or Expert on our Website. All members, therefore, agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Existing members shall be informed of these Terms and Conditions once they log in. Continued registration with Adviice is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may change from time to time and the most current version can be viewed at https://www.adviice.co.uk/terms.
Please make sure that the email address we have stored for you is current and you can access it. You can update your email address within your Profile once you sign in.
Definitions & Interpretation
1. The following expressions are given the following meanings:
.-‘Provisional Booking’ is when a call is provisionally booked in, scheduled using the Adviice Platform
-‘Expert’ is a person who uses the Adviice Platform to provide meaningful conversations. The word 'Expert' can imply 'Coach', and the two can be used interchangeably on the Adviice platform.
-‘Estimated Hourly Rate’ is a rough estimate of how much the Expert will be expected to charge the Client after agreeing on a time outside of the Adviice platform.
-‘Members’ can be both Experts and Clients.
-‘Client’ is a person that uses the Adviice Platform with the intention of finding an Expert for the provision of their services in any of the selected areas.
2. In these Terms
-masculine terms imply feminine terms, plural for singular, and vice versa.
3. All business undertaken by Adviice, an Expert, and/or a Client is transacted subject to these Terms. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and any other terms and conditions, these Terms will prevail.
Obligations of Adviice and related provisions
4. The Adviice Website has been established to allow a Client to view Experts and request a booking.
5. Adviice will take precautions it considers appropriate to keep the details of an Expert and Client secure but will not be liable for unauthorised access to the information provided by an Expert and Client on the Adviice Platform.
6. Adviice assesses the credentials of our coach applications, paying particular attention to those who have had training courses accredited by specified professional coaching and training bodies. Criteria can be found here. However, Adviice is not legally responsible for appraising information on the Adviice Platform. Members should exercise complete caution. Despite prohibitions, Members may provide information or otherwise behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading, or illegal. Further, Adviice can offer no guarantee that Members are whom they say they are.
7. An Expert warrants that
-they are of at least eighteen years of age;
-they have the necessary qualifications and/or experience to provide guidance in the subjects specified by the Expert on Adviice’s platform.
-their profile and subject information provided on the Adviice Platform is up to date, accurate and truthful
- they have the legal right to work in the UK on a self-employed basis.
8. An Expert must disclose any criminal convictions or cautions they may have to Adviice, including any criminal convictions or cautions received at any time after having registered an Expert account on the Adviice platform and for as long as the Expert remains registered.
9. An Expert who contacts a Client who is under the age of 18 must ensure that the Client has consent from a parent or a guardian to provide this service to the Client.
10. An Expert is responsible for the prices quoted for his services on the Adviice Website.
11. An Expert takes full responsibility for all information that he provides on the Adviice Website and must indemnify Adviice in relation to any liability incurred by Adviice as a result of such information.
12. An Expert shall indemnify Adviice for all claims and liabilities arising out of any use by the Expert of the Adviice platform, including any associated costs and expenses incurred, whether direct or indirect.
13. An Expert must initially have been brought into contact with a Client through the Adviice website, and the associated modes of contact provided. Any other means of communication is prohibited before their first direct mode of contact.
14. An Expert must not in any way be abusive about a Client or in any other place.
15. An Expert is not an employee of Adviice and accepts full responsibility for all Income Tax, National Insurance, and other liabilities arising from the use of the Adviice platform.
16. All information provided by an Expert on the Adviice platform must be accurate and kept up-to-date. This includes a correct name, telephone number, and qualification/experience details. Certain details entered by the Expert on the Adviice platform will be publicly visible and may appear in search engine results.
17. Use of the Adviice platform is entirely at an Expert’s own risk. An Expert must exercise complete caution when using the Adviice Platform and entering into any agreements to provide their service to a Client.
18. An Expert must not complete on behalf of the Client any personal legally binding document (e.g. assignments etc).
19. An Expert must not request any upfront fees. An Expert must only accept payment for a single conversation at a time, to be paid before the conversation starts.
20. An Expert must not make any agreement with a Client or another Expert which is intended to circumvent the relationship between Adviice and the Client to benefit the Expert at Adviice’s expense.
21. An Expert/Client must only make bookings for a conversation in agreement with a Client/Expert.
22. If a Client makes a booking for which an Expert fails to deliver to a standard expected by a Client. This is nothing to do with Adviice as we simply put the two parties in touch and it's then the client's own prerogative to chase a refund.
23. At the discretion of Adviice, if an Expert cancels bookings on a consistent basis/is unresponsive, or whatever Adviice deem to see as an unsatisfactory service, Adviice reserves the right to remove the Expert from the platform.
24. The Expert is expected to set up-to-date availability on the Advice platform.
25. The Expert must have access to a mode of contact of the likes of a telephone number, Zoom, Teams, Skype, or the like and can provide links for such where the Client can join as a guest.
26. All content of the conversation is the responsibility of the Expert. Adviice is not liable for or involved, in the conversations between Experts and Clients.
27. Experts are expected to facilitate a meaningful, educational conversation with the Client using their expertise and experience.
28. A Client who is under 18 years of age must have consent from a parent or a guardian to register and that parent or guardian must enter into any agreement with an Expert to provide conversational services. It is the responsibility of that parent/guardian to check the credentials of the Expert. Adviice is not responsible for any disputes regarding parental consent or any problems that a Client or a parent/guardian has experienced with an Expert.
29. A Client, or where relevant their parent/guardian, is responsible for verifying the credentials, expertise, references, CRB checks, and qualifications of any Expert with whom they may request a booking. Adviice does not offer any guarantee that any information provided on the Adviice platform is accurate and correct.
30. A Client, or where relevant their parent/guardian, accepts that the booking for conversational services is with the Expert. Adviice is not a party to such a booking and is not responsible for the performance of any obligations agreed or impliedly agreed through actions between the Expert and Client.
31. A Client must initially contact an Expert through the Adviice platform. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
32. A Client agrees not to use Adviice to advertise, or promote services for their own company, nor may an agency acting for a company register to promote their services or opportunities. Agencies wanting to promote their service on Adviice should contact us.
33. A Client cannot act as an agent to promote the services or opportunities of a company.
34. A Client must not publish any abusive comments about an Expert or a Client on the Adviice platform or any other place. This includes defamatory or derogatory comments.
35. A Client must not request an Expert to complete any personal/legal documents or other assignments for them.
36. To confirm the booking request form has been sent when scheduling a booking with an Expert, a Client must enter, or have already entered, the accurate details required on the Adviice platform.
37. A Client agrees not to make any agreement or arrangement with an Expert which is intended to circumvent the relationship between Adviice and an Expert.
38. By confirming a booking, the Client authorises Adviice to take their details (email address, phone number, meeting preference, etc) where they inserted these details in boxes provided.
39. A Client authorises Adviice to charge his credit/debit card (PayPal) where a charge is required.
40. When a Booking is confirmed, a Client enters directly into contract with the Expert for the provision of the conversation and Adviice accepts no liability in relation to the Expert’s provision of conversation.
41. When a confirmed scheduled booking exists, a Client must ensure that he has inserted accurate details and has a genuine interest in the Experts service. Providing a valid debit/credit card/PayPal registered on the Adviice platform, with sufficient funds to cover the Booking if required.
42. A Client must ensure that he has given enough information to the Expert, including his preferred choice of contact (zoom/teams, etc.), to allow the conversation to take place. Both parties should make sure they can carry out the online interaction in suitable locations with strong wifi/no major disturbances/distractions.
43. The Client must join the call with the conference call link that the expert will share.
44. A Client must use his own judgement about the services of Experts detailed on the Website. Clients are responsible for checking the credentials, expertise, references, qualifications, and insurance policies of any Expert with whom they confirm a Booking.
45. A Client should inform Adviice of a Complaint by either phone or email within 30 days of when the booking request form was sent via email on behalf of the Client to the Expert.
46. Members must not use the Adviice platform for illegal, unlawful, or prohibited purposes. This includes sending or posting junk e-mail or spam, publishing misleading, defamatory, indecent, obscene, or advertising material, or sending viruses and worms.
47. Members must not impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that they have no authority to use.
48. Members must not post material to the Adviice platform in which the copyright or intellectual property is or may be the property of another person or body.
49. Members agree to manage their Subscription charges using the Adviice platform. If a member cancels their subscription, they will not receive a refund of any fees already paid. Members must cancel relevant subscriptions by personally emailing Adviice at email@example.com with the message ‘CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION’ (or similar) or doing so via their account area.
50. Adviice reserve the right to accept or refuse subscriptions. Members must not transfer or assign their subscription or any other Plan to another account.
51. A member authorises Adviice to charge their credit/debit card PayPal for subscription charges on the subscription renewal date.
Liability, Indemnity & Other Provisions
52. Adviice has no control over or responsibility for the truth or accuracy of any material available on the Adviice platform, whether provided by Members or others. Third party websites may appear on the Adviice platform. Adviice does not endorse or have any responsibility for the site in question or anything which appears on it.
53. Adviice is not and cannot be responsible for the behavior of Members, whether on the platform or outside of it. Adviice only provides a service for an Expert and Client to be introduced. Adviice does not pre-screen or monitor the material contributed by Members.
54. Adviice is not liable for direct, indirect, consequential, or any other form of loss or damage that may be suffered by a Member through the use of the Adviice platform including loss of data or information or any kind of financial or physical loss or damage.
55. Members agree to indemnify Adviice against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of these Terms and Conditions or through use of the Adviice platform.
56. Adviice does not guarantee that an Expert will be secured to meet the Client’s needs.
57. Adviice is not responsible for any resulting events that occur to a Client as a consequence of the scheduled booking with the Expert and therefore whatever the result of what the conversation entails.
58. The code, brand and intellectual property of the Adviice Website cannot be reused without Adviice’s consent. All copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights relating to the Adviice platform (including the material which is contributed by Members) are owned by Adviice. It is prohibited to copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from the Adviice platform, or any of the material which is found on the Website without the consent of Adviice. Please see our Copyright Notice, which forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
59. By submitting any material to the content to the Adviice Website, you:
-are representing that you are fully entitled to do so;
-grant Adviice a non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-terminable licence to copy, modify, distribute, show in public and create derivative works from that material in any form and any place; and
-authorise Adviice to adapt the relevant material and you waive the right to be identified as the author of the material in question.
60. Adviice reserves the right to withdraw or modify aspects of the Adviice platform, or the entirety of it.
61. Adviice reserves the right to suspend or terminate a Member's access to the Adviice Website, or parts of it. Adviice reserves the right to remove, or require the Member to remove, material posted on the platform. Any person whose access has been suspended or terminated must not re-register for, or re-access, the Adviice platform without prior consent from Adviice.
62. The open-access nature of the Adviice platform means that Adviice cannot prevent determined people whose Membership has been suspended or terminated from re-accessing or re-registering as Members, in breach of their obligations under these Terms.
63. Adviice reserves the right to withdraw any material on the Adviice platform which appears, whether based on information received from Members or others or our own determination, to be capable of breaching any part of these Terms and Conditions, or to bring the Adviice platform into disrepute. Adviice does not generally monitor material which appears on the Adviice platform and Adviice is reliant upon Members to notify Adviice of anything Member's to see here which appears likely to breach these Terms and Conditions.
65. Adviice may restrict access to the Adviice platform for any period and if necessary permanently at the sole discretion of Adviice. Members shall not be entitled to any reimbursement of any fees or expenses incurred as a result of such restriction or for any inconvenience caused.
66. Adviice may monitor postings to the Adviice platform and communications through the Adviice platform and have the right to delete and/or block such postings or communications at their sole discretion.
67. Adviice gives no guarantee that the Adviice platform is free of viruses, worms, or any other form of harmful components.
68. Adviice may contact its members or subscribers by the details we have stored on their account, this could include by email and phone.
69. Adviice may use data for statistical analysis and may provide this to interested third parties.
71. No criminal vetting is applied against Experts that appear on site.
72. There is no guarantee that you will get more/new clients if you choose to pay the Expert subscription and have an online profile with Adviice.
74. Severability. In the event that any term of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable by judicial decree or decision, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
75. English Law and the jurisdiction of English Courts applies to these terms.
76. There is no guarantee that you will get more/new clients if you choose to pay the Expert subscription and have an online profile with Adviice.